Double-Acting and Spring-Return pneumatic quarter-turn actuators for ON-OFF and modulating control of valves in heavy duty service. Available for output torques to 1.000.000 Nm.
ALGA, ALGAS and ALGAS-QA Pneumatic Actuators are designed for ON-OFF or modulating control of quarter-turn ball, butterfly, plug or damper style valves.
- Totally enclosed, weatherproof housing in fabricated carbon steel for maximum strength.
- Guide bar resists transverse loads and supports the piston rod.
- Hard chromium plated alloy steel material guarantees corrosion protection and minimal friction.
- PTFE-impregnated bronze or sintered bronze bushings provide minimal friction and extended service life.
- Scotch yoke design with canted or symmetric torque arm allows close working to distinctive valve torque profiles.
- External travel stops for precise angular stroke adjustment 90 degrees +/- 4 degrees at each end of travel.
- Electroless nickel plated and polished cylinder provides maximum corrosion resistance and reduces friction.
- Floating type piston seals provide low hysteresis and high sensitivity, preventing sticking problems.
- ALGAS Spring-Return pack incorporates up to four springs, fully encapsulated in a factory welded cartridge ensuring personnel safety and simplifying assembly.
- ALGAS spring action can be changed easily in the field from to close to open or vice versa.
- Special coatings for offshore or corrosive environments.