GIG / GIGS
Double-acting and spring-return gas actuators for remote and local operation of valves in ON-OFF and modulating heavy-duty service. Available with output torques up to 6.638.000 lb-in.
GIG and GIGS ‘direct’ gas actuators offer the major benefit of using the gas flowing in the pipeline for their operation, without the need for any other power source.
GIG / GIGS
- Canted or symmetric scotch yoke design achieves high break torques for operating all kinds of quarter-turn valves.
- Control system components engineered specifically to suit remote gas pipeline applications.
- Control components are sealed within a dedicated enclosure, ensuring low maintenance.
- Electronic control groups available to enable full valve network communication.
- Electroless nickel plated and polished cylinder provides maximum corrosion resistance and reduces friction.
- Integral manual handpump enables valve cycling when sufficient line pressure is not available.
- External travel stops for precise angular stroke adjustment 90° +/- 4° at each end of travel.
- Gas and hydraulic fluid contained in separate cylinders and cannot mix (GIG).
- Spring-return pack fully encapsulated in a factory welded cartridge ensuring personnel safety and simplifying assembly (GIGS).
- Environmentally-friendly design ensures up to 50% less gas discharge than alternative systems.