Smart Diagnostic and Control Unit is suitable to test and control any kind of hydraulic and pneumatic piston type actuator equipped with Solenoid Operated Valves (SOV’s).
Its advanced diagnostic functions make it particularly appropriate in applications with valves used in safety functions.
It does not interfere with Emergency Shut-Down (ESD) operation of the actuator.
It increases reliability, efficiency and safety of plant operation.
- Die-cast aluminium or stainless steel SS 316L (CF3M) enclosure
- Beacon indicator: standard: red and green, low profile, plastic dome
- Optional beacon colour: yellow-black
- Non-intrusive, magnetic drive of beacon indicator
- Captive bolts in the lid
- Stainless steel drive shaft
- ATEX, IECEx, IP, SIL certification
- Push-button actuated, push-in, spring loaded, terminal strips
- On board contactless Hall effect valve position sensor
- Suitable for pneumatic and hydraulic piston actuators, single and double acting, quarter turn and linear, high and low operating pressure
- 4 cable entries, ¾ NPT, ½ NPT, M20x1.5
- Actuator remote control:
- By 4-20mA input and HART® communication. Hart DD available.
- By hardwired signals
- Actuator local control by optional LCP (Local Control Panel)
- Optional Ex-e junction box
- Optional in the SDCU-20 main unit:
- Local Partial Stroking Test pushbutton (PST)
- Local diagnostic display
- Pressure transmitter
- SDCU-20-LS: kit with 2 position limit switches. Toolless quick setting cams
- I/O Extension card
- Hardware spurious trip protection
- Operating temperature range from -40°C to +85°C
- Nominal voltage 24VDC