Compact quarter-turn pneumatic actuators for on-off control of ball, butterfly, plug or damper style valves in heavy duty service. Available with output torques up to 300,000 Nm
Designed with a unique helical slot design, which transforms the linear movement of a piston into a quarter-turn rotation, generating high break torques to actuate large valves. With its spring integrated into the cylinder, it is very compact with the same dimensions whether for double-acting or spring return; spring to open or spring to close operations.
- Customizable helical profile to suit valve specific torque profile (special execution).
- Totally enclosed, weatherproof housing in fabricated carbon steel provides maximum strength.
- Corrosion resistant to EN 15714-3; C5I/C5M.
- Internal coating and special surface treatment protects against corrosion.
- Hard chrome-plated piston rod for corrosion resistance and minimal friction.
- Electroless nickel-plated cylinder bore provides maximum corrosion resistance and reliability.
- Low hysteresis and high response enhance modulating service.
- Bearings in bronze or sintered bronze impregnated with PTFE provide reliability, smooth operation and extended service life.
- Adjustable end stopper installed below cylinder flange for easy access.
- Position indicator directly connected to output drive.